2017 Yamaha FZ-09
St. Hilaire Motorsports
Brand new Dunlop Q3+ Tires!
Serviced in house!
Serviced in house!
THE ULTIMATE STREET FIGHTER - NOW EVEN MEANER
The new FZ®-09's powerful 847cc in-line 3-cylinder crossplane crankshaft concept engine and new refinements deliver huge thrills, style and class-leading performance.
- The Class-Defining FZ-09™: Version 2.0: Packing aggressive style and impressive performance, the original FZ-09 blew open the naked sportbike segment. Now it’s back and more refined than ever, featuring adjustable traction control, a fully-adjustable fork, ABS, and an aggressive look unlike anything else on the road.
- Powerful Inline-Triple: The FZ-09’s 847cc CP3® engine combines advanced electronic systems-including YCC-T®, Yamaha D-Mode and multi-mode traction control-with a crossplane concept crankshaft to deliver an exciting, torquey and quick-revving engine character built around rider-centric control.
- Sporty, Agile Chassis: Thanks to the compact motor and narrow frame design, the FZ-09 weighs in at only 425 pounds. Combined with optimized chassis dimensions and rider ergonomics, the FZ-09 achieves a sporty, light and neutral handling character, with an upright riding position suitable for just about anything.
- New Fully-Adjustable Fork: With a new fully-adjustable fork, the FZ-09 is now even more adaptable, with improved front-end control across a wide range of road conditions and riding styles.
- Advanced 3-Cylinder Engine: The FZ-09 is powered by an 847cc liquid-cooled, inline 3-cylinder, DOHC engine with downdraft intake and ride-by-wire throttle control. With a 78.0mm x 59.1mm bore x stroke and 11.5:1 compression ratio, it produces an exciting, torquey and quick-revving engine character, perfectly splitting the best characteristics of both 2- and 4-cylinder motors in a compact, lightweight package.
- Crossplane Concept CP3 Design: The FZ-09’s "Crossplane Crankshaft Concept" engine provides linear torque development in response to the rider’s throttle input, for responsive engine thrust with a strong feeling of power in the low- to mid-rpm range. To boost refinement and provide a smoother ride, the CP3 engine uses a compact counterbalancer to cancel out vibration.
- Offset Cylinder Block: The CP3 engine mounts its three cylinder bores 5mm forward, towards the exhaust side. This offset reduces piston to cylinder wall friction, for more power and improved fuel economy.
- Fracture-Split Connecting Rods: The forged connecting rods are made using the fracture-split method-where the big-end ring of the connecting rod is purposefully fractured and then reassembled-to ensure an unparalleled degree of manufacturing accuracy. This creates a pair of perfectly matching halves that produces a much more precise mating surface when they are bolted together again around the crankshaft.
- Unique Staggered Intake Funnels: To develop the FZ-09’s broad torque curve and create its unique intake sound, the three intake funnels have been designed with uneven lengths. This staggered design gives the CP3 engine an excellent spread of torque across the entire rev range.
- New Assist and Slipper Clutch: Yamaha’s assist and slipper clutch gives the rider smoother, more confident downshifts when entering corners aggressively, as well as a lighter pull effort at the lever in day-to-day riding, all while easily handling the torque of the FZ-09’s high-output motor.
- Compact 6-Speed Transmission: The FZ-09’s gearing takes full advantage of the low-to-midrange torque of the CP3 engine, while being designed to be very compact: the crankshaft, input and output shafts are "stacked" in a triangular layout to centralize mass and keep the engine shorter front-to-back, which allows optimized engine placement in the frame for outstanding handling
- Mass-Centralized 3-into-1 Exhaust System: By placing the muffler low in the frame and as close to the center of the machine as possible, overall handling is improved. Featuring a short, slash-cut exhaust outlet, the FZ-09 howls with a sweet 3-cylinder exhaust note, too.
- Compact, Sporty Chassis: The FZ-09 is built around a strong controlled-fill cast aluminum frame. The wheelbase, seat height, fuel tank width, rake and other dimensions are all set to work with the qualities of the compact 3-cylinder engine to achieve a sporty, light and neutral handling character, an upright riding position and a narrow feeling chassis at the seat/tank junction.
- New Fully-Adjustable Inverted Fork: For 2017, the 41mm inverted fork now features compression damping adjustability in addition to the rebound damping and spring preload adjustments. Not only does this allow riders greater flexibility in tuning their FZ-09, the new fork design separates compression and rebound damping into separate fork legs, making it easier to fine-tune for the perfect setup across all 5.4 inches of fork travel.
- Adjustable Horizontal Monocross® Shock: The rear suspension features a linkage-type Monocross shock, adjustable for rebound damping and spring preload. The shock features an almost horizontal alignment-this unusual position improves mass centralization for a slimmer body design.
- Lightweight Wheels: Lightweight 10-spoke aluminum wheels are used, fitted with a 120/70ZR17 front tire and 180/55ZR17 rear tire. The tires are built to Yamaha’s specification that provide excellent all-around handling and grip.
- Powerful Brakes with ABS: The FZ-09’s front brakes consist of paired floating 298mm discs with radial-mount, 4-piston calipers, backed up by a 245mm rear rotor, creating an ideal combination of power and feel. For 2017, the FZ-09 now comes standard with an Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), for additional security when slowing in less than ideal conditions.
- Comfortable, Upright Ergonomics: Enjoy every ride thanks to upright ergonomics that balance front-end feedback with do-it-all practicality. The tapered aluminum handlebar, ideal placement of the seat and footpegs, and ultra-narrow frame and fuel tank create an excellent sense of feel between rider and machine. The new seat is flatter for improved rider comfort, and roomier for a passenger, too.
- New LED Lighting: In addition to compact new turn signals, the new FZ-09 features LED headlights for brilliant illumination. The quad headlight unit produces a crisp spread of light for confidence in low-light conditions, and is matched to a new 3D taillight design for head-turning style.
- Aggressive New Styling: The 2017 FZ-09 features an aggressive style with a higher quality and more modern look, centered on the new floating-style headlight unit with quad LED headlights. New radiator shrouds and air scoops give a more unified, mass-forward appearance, accentuated by the shortened tail section. And a new swingarm-mounted fender gives the FZ-09 a stunning new profile unlike anything in the FZ range.
- Ready to Accessorize: The 2017 FZ-09 is ready for a range of Genuine Yamaha accessories, including windscreens, luggage and more. Performance-minded riders can also install a new Quick Shift System to allow for clutchless full-throttle upshifts for maximum acceleration.
- Engine Type: 847cc liquid-cooled DOHC inline 3-cylinder; 12 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 78.0mm x 59.1mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel Injection with YCC-T
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension / Front: 41mm inverted fork, fully adjustable; 5.4-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock, adjustable preload and rebound damping; 5.1-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm; ABS
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 245mm; ABS
- Tires / Front: 120/70ZR17
- Tires / Rear: 180/55ZR17
- L x W x H: 81.7 in. x 32.1 in. x 44.7 in.
- Seat Height: 32.3 in.
- Wheelbase: 56.7 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 25.0 deg.
- Trail: 4.1 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 44 mpg
- Wet Weight: 425 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
New for 2017
- Radical New Styling: From the new LED headlights to sculpted 3D taillight, sleek radiator shrouds to swingarm-mounted license plate mount, the new FZ-09 boasts a more extreme style to push it even further ahead of the naked sportbike class.
- Adjustable Traction Control: New for 2017, the FZ-09 now comes standard with a two-position (plus off) traction control system, to reduce wheel spin over changing road conditions.
- Fully Adjustable Front Fork: Using new separate-leg fork damping for independent compression, rebound and preload adjustments, the FZ-09’s inverted fork offers enhanced tuneability, from aggressive sport riding to comfortable commuting.
- Assist and Slipper Clutch: Yamaha’s assist and slipper clutch reduces lever effort for reduced fatigue in day-to-day riding. At the same time, the slipper system reduces engine back-torque for improved corner entry, even with aggressive downshifting.
- Anti-Lock Brakes: The FZ-09 comes standard with ABS for secure braking performance across a wide range of surface conditions.
NOTES:Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight. Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
- Engine Type
- DOHC Inline 3-cylinder; 12 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 78.0mm x 59.1mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Yamaha Fuel injection with YCC-T
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Front Suspension
- 41mm inverted fork, fully adjustable; 5.4-in travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock, adjustable preload and rebound damping; 5.1-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm; ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 245mm; ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 56.7 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.3 in.
- 25.0 deg.
- 4.1 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal.
- 44 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 425 lb.
- Candy Red; Matte Silver; Electric White
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)